Since I'm pretty much fated to receive an excuse to purchase 25 or more songs (poor me) and I've also heard some rumors that one relative may be thinking about gifting me with a replacement for my rapidly failing 7-year-old iPod, I thought I'd share some items from my musical wishlist.
Since Finland recently became the 20th nation to pass marriage equality legislation and that seems like an achievement well worth celebrating, I'm showcasing Finnish bands in this post.
1. Santa Cruz, "We Are The Ones To Fall" "Wasted & Wounded" and "Aiming High"
I'm quite excited about this band, for several reasons:
1. They're very pretty men.
2. They have that fast, sleazy hard rock sound that I love.
3. They're very pretty men, especially that gorgeous lead singer.
4. If their music videos are anything to go by, their showmanship is awesome.
5. Did I mention that they're very pretty men?
2. Reckless Love, "Beautiful Bomb"
More pretty men. Come on, how could I not buy this song?
3. Loudguns, "Loud 'n' Proud"
A relatively new band, formed in 2009. I found them (or rather, they found me*) on Twitter.
4. Lordi, "Would You Love A Monsterman?" "Devil Is A Loser" "Pet The Destroyer" and "It Snows In Hell"
Why yes, Mr Lordi, I would love a monsterman.
*For non-users of Twitter: Don't worry, that's not as creepy and stalkerish as it sounds.