Monday, March 9, 2015

Music Video Monday: Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer

Sigh. Yes, I'm still reading the worst book of the 1980's. Damn thing just goes on and on and on; I've read seventeen chapters in, and I'm only just now getting to the halfway point. If it weren't for the stunningly screwy moments of WTFery this pile of literary diarrhea occasionally delivers, I'd have given up in disgust long ago. (One of those moments is the reason I only put up one deconstruction post last week. While reading chapter 18, I ran into a WTF nugget so bizarre, so nonsensical, so completely and utterly pointless that I needed some extra time to work out what exactly I wanted to say about it. It's that bad.)

At this point, I need something really, really heavy-duty to cut through the glurge. "Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer" by Behemoth ought to do the trick. 


My goodness, but that video is a breath of fresh air. Creepy, atmospheric, and not a single tacky papier-mache statue of Satan in sight. Also, I'm pretty sure Adam "Nergal" Darski could snap Malachi and the nurse in half and eat them for breakfast, and then squeeze that weird possessed lady from the last chapter like an orange until all the demons dripped out of her, all without breaking a sweat. I want him to be the cult leader. Maybe he'd make the hillbilly cultists stop fecklessly kicking six-year-olds and kittens around and do something actually scary for once.  

No comments:

Post a Comment