It's about a half-demon named Cain Pseudomantis who becomes a hair-metal rocker in 1980's Los Angeles along with his three super-powered human friends. It's pulse-pounding, hair-raising, a whole slew of similar book reviewer's favorite catchphrases, and...you can't read it yet. I'm still searching for a publisher.
I'm also hoping to create a supplemental web comic to chronicle the further antics and drama of the band. I'm in the process of writing up the first batch of comic strip material.
Of course, web comics aren't just text; I'll need to throw a few pictures in there too. They won't be my pictures. I can't draw. That is why I'm looking to hire a part-time web comic artist on contract for the first year. I would like to have one (1) web comic created and posted per week.
Application Submission Process
To apply, please send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- "Web Comic Artist Application - Your Name" as the subject
- A short (2-3 sentences is fine) introduction to you and your work
- A link to or standard images (JPEG, PNG, GIF) of your portfolio
- A description of your past experience with producing web comic art, if any (i.e. resume. You can attach an actual resume if you want, but if you don't have one lying around, something less formal is fine)
If I like what I see, then I will commission you to do some test work. If that also goes well then we can work out the contract for the first year (52 pieces). The test work will be:
- a 1200px by 1800px 2-character image, one character in front of the other, fully colored, no background
- a test comic strip
I am looking for a cell-shaded, moderately realistic style. Think along the lines of GU Comics, Ctrl+Alt+Del,
or Questionable Content.
I'll update this post when my search is complete.
P.S. This is also posted: